Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! We’ve been working for you all summer long and can’t wait to get started sharing our good news!!
- Our website (abceteach.org) is full of new information and links for our members, including an up-to-date calendar with events through May of 2018
- Bargaining update: We have been working all summer and had our first session with the District on August 1st.
- Next ABCE Bargaining Team meeting is at the Member Hall (1610 Beck Ave) on August 14th at 4pm. Any member is welcome
- Next Bargaining with the District is at Bay High in the Cafeteria at 4pm on August 21st. Anyone is welcome, but only ABCE members may join the caucus sessions
- Meet and Greet for new teachers at the Member Hall on Tuesday, August 15th from 3:30-4:30pm. Any member is welcome to join us as well, and if you bring a potential member with you, your name will be placed into a drawing for a $50 gift card. Stop by to get your questions answered, meet your leadership team, and pick up a supply or two! We will also have some drinks and snacks for you to enjoy.
We have held two Executive Board work days over the summer to organize for the coming year. Our priorities for this year will be increasing our membership and increasing our communications with you, our members! We heard from membership during our Spring Survey that you wanted more information, but not necessarily frequent emails, so we will be working to place more of our communications on the website, rather than sending emails. A more detailed account of what we’ve accomplished is also at abceteach.org
We have already held one Meet and Greet for the new year at Bennigan’s in the Panama City Mall, and more member events are on the calendar located on our website. Go check us out at abceteach.org and click on the Calendar tab.
Our next Association Representative meeting will be September 12th, at the District Media Center at 4pm. We will feature an FEA training on the Four Pillars of Organization for our newly elected 2017-18 ARs.